These tasty little morsels got out of my dreams and into my oven. Really. They will blow your mind. And would you believe that they’re sugar free, low carbohydrate, and grain free? Using simple, easy to find ingredients puts them at the top of my list for quick and healthy treats!
2 c. Almond Meal
1/2 c. (1 stick) Butter, softened
3 Tb. Powdered Stevia
1 tsp. Grated Lemon Peel
2 Tb. Lemon Juice
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tb. Fresh Rosemary, minced and crushed in pestle and mortar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and stevia with a hand mixer until mixed well (stand back while you do it, or you will inhale powdered stevia!).
3. Beat in the lemon juice, grated lemon peel, and vanilla.
4. Beat in the egg and mix well.
5. In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour and rosemary.
6. Gradually add flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well.
7. Drop dough by the tablespoonful on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
8. Flatten to a thickness of about 3/4 of an inch.
9. Bake in the top third of the oven for 10-12 minutes, until brown on the top and bottom.
10. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
Yields approximately 22 cookies.