I absolutely love poached eggs. But I just do not have the time to stand over the stove and watch them simmer. I even tried buying some of the cute little metal poaching bowls, but I still had to be careful not to overcook them. That’s where the 6 minute soft-boiled egg comes in. While you do not have the same presentation value of a poached egg, you certainly get the taste and texture. These eggs taste excellent on my Sprouted Wheat Bread, and make a fast breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
1. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil.
2. Gently add Eggs to the water with a slotted spoon.
3. Make sure none have busted, or are completely floating on the top (the floaters are rotten eggs).
4. Set your timer for 6 minutes.
5. Pour some coffee.
6. Look out the window.
7. When the Eggs are done, hold the Eggs in place with the slotted spoon while you drain the hot water out.
8. Run cool water over the eggs, then pour it out. Repeat two more times.
9. If you plan to eat immediately, you may leave some cool water in the pot with the Eggs to cool them rapidly. I usually leave no water on the Eggs since I can’t get to peeling them right away.
10. When you’re ready to serve, carefully peel the Eggs (wetting your fingers in cool water sometimes makes the peeling easier).